Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 30, 2006

RAINY WEEKEND




Although this weekend was filled with rain , we managed to get in 30 miles today (Sunday).
The Quarter was fresh and clean, a lot of the usuals were working the Jazz Fest.
I didn't get down there until about 10:30 so the restaurants were cooking lunch,
boy what great smells did I enjoy.. I took a few pictures of my favorite subject, (me).
One is me in front of the Cabildo, one is me in front of the Steamboat Natchez, and the other is me having a drink at the horse trough. What a great place to live. The weather was perfect and my legs were chugging.
I think I may have been a Pirate in another life and that's what draws me to the quarter.
No doubt I try to "live out the box" even though at this point in life the box walls are higher than I can scale. As I get older the walls get higher .
I just realized last week I can't grow up to be Ernest Hemingway. Why Not ?
I guess we all make those dashes for a lusty adventure and try to grab pieces here and there
and feel pretty good about our trips out the box, PaPa Hemingway lived it every minute, every day, every place, what a guy, what a pirate.
I want to be a character in a Jimmy Buffet book, a line in a Tennesse Wiliams Play, a verse in a Beatles song, a stanza in a Phillip Suza march, and a guy on a bike that thinks he's all that.
Where's my ship?
later,
captain gary

No comments: