Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Flat tire strikes again.





















Last weeks ride was not without consequence. Great weather, great sights, some not so
positive.. The good news is it looks like workers are tearing out the inside of Warren Easton
High School, I hope that means their fixing it, the bad news is Montelepre Hospital is being demolished.
When I was 16 or 17 I had a job in Montelepre Hospital buffing floors with the buffing machine.
One of my many astute careers. While I was taking these pictures I think I saw some wax I applied still on one of the floors. It tore at me to see what I considered a monument of my past being hit by the wrecking ball. A very emotional moment.
Every bike rider has to deal with the occasional flat tire, it's an opportunity to stop and let the world go past you for 30 or 40 minutes. Relaxing. I added a picture of the little metal spike that got me. It happened on Canal off Jefferson Davis..I stopped in the shade of a beautiful oak.
All in all a good ride, the weather has been perfect
but we know the heat is coming. MS Tour for Cure is October 7/8. Getting a little better every week. Don't want to peak too soon.
When in the Quarter stop at Esplanade and Decatur and notice the long line of
beautiful balconies. That end of Decatur is a hidden treasure. . Remember you can click on the pictures for a larger view.. .
Later
Gary

No comments: