Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

Things don't always work out as planned, even for me.
Left Saturday morning with grand plans, at 10 miles I had my first flat tire,
no problem, at 15 miles I had my second flat tire, no problem, I'm still undaunted.
I only carry 2 spare tubes so I head homeward to restock, 2 blocks from home
I have my 3rd flat tire, had to walk home. I restocked spare tubes and decided to ride to the bike shop and buy more for reserve, on the way to the bike shop I broke a spoke.
At the bike shop I had the spoke fixed and bought some tubes, returned to the ride and
at 40 miles decided to head home, good thing because I had another flat about 3 blocks
from the house . I got home, changed tire and tube and planned for a better tomorrow.
Sunday we had family dinner at mom's house so I didn't get started till about 3:00,
determined to get in some miles I rode and rode and rode, it started getting dark and
and I headed home with only 40 miles. Still there's tomorrow.
Headed out Monday (labor day ) morning, rode my normal route, expecting to do at least 50 miles, I hit the wall at 40 and hung it up.
So I had a 120 mile 3 day weekend, not bad but not good enough.
Next weekend I'll be out for blood. The tour approaches and I must get ready......
later
gary

No comments: