Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's about the bike too.


The weather's been great, riding's been great, life's been great.
My mentor and bike guru Frank has blessed me with a set of performance racing skinny wheels..
Their fast, sleek, yet delicate. I'm averaging about 4 miles an hour faster on them. Even though their called "ROAD WHEELS" they can't jump curbs and pot holes or cruise over glass and sharp rocks. I'm gonna try to use them for the MS tour for the speed.. I still want to train on my hybrid wheels also, so my plan is to ride hybrid's on Saturday in the street and road wheels on Sunday on the River Levee. With the road wheels and a little tailwind I can cruise 16 to 20 mph.
Don't seem so fast until you take a fall at that speed, something usually brakes ( bones) .
So now the only original parts on my Hybrid Trek are the frame, the handle bars and neck,
the front fork and the crank, all else has been changed. These new wheels carry 120 psi as opposed to 80 psi on the hybrids so they have a good roll. This past Christmas my kids gave me a helmet camera, I'll be using it soon , maybe we'll get some clips of me doing a 360, or maybe sliding into a curb, or being sideswiped by a large suv, or dodging lightening bolts in a thunderstorm, or outrunning a mixed breed great dane-pit bull- mastiff -Cujo type dog, or maybe riding through mimes and jugglers in the french quarter, or just enjoying a sunny afternoon touring the city. Each time it's an adventure.....Thanks for the wheels Frank...


Later




No comments: