Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Mardi Gras , CCC , Tour de Lis.

As winter winds down my hormones wind up,  it's time for long bike riding,  getting high, taking pictures, going where most men dare not go, explore new places, watch new people.
I''ve had my leg fixed, bikes in good shape, I'm in good shape, camera is clear, and I'm up to 780 songs on my MP3 player, if I could only get my sanity in shape . Walking the 10k Crescent City Classic with Princess Daughter, then riding the Tour de Lis just to start the season then we get to serious training.  Right now I'm only at about 70 miles a week, by July it'll be 120 a week, and by September 150 a week.  The Ms Tour is first weekend of October, the weekend before I do 130 that Sat and Sun.  Special diet , eat anything and everything.  Mental training, Valium, self hypnosis , and  mescaline.  20 sit ups after each ride ensures the impression its all good for me. 
This year will be interesting, after all if I top Godzilla, Big Foot, Chubacabras, and all the Lewis Carrol characters it's got to be interesting.  I'll have to search for blackberries in the bature and be attacked by something, I'll fight with someone in the quarter, take pictures of weird asses,  beautiful architecture , scenic views, history, and describe some scenes from my mind that may not be comprendable by the sane.  just picked up a new song off I-tunes by Monster Magnet called See You In Hell, that'll conjure up some evil when mixed with Valium and a few minutes of Self Hypno,  I may have to wear a straight jacket while I'm riding,  no my names not  McMurphy, and no I didn't take any classes from Leary,  and no the Maharishi didn't tell me the secret of the afterlife karma and  reincarnation, figure it out. Playing Holding Back the Years  by Simply Red a lot lately, great song and appropriate. I've made an enormous amount of new memories, none as powerful as the memories of youth, adolescence, up to maturity which may happen in the next few years.  Joe Campbell "birth, adolescence, maturity, propagation , and death."  I only have one thing left to experience, hope I can experience it, not just die. Maybe the Chubacabra will win this time, maybe I'll fall into the Mississippi and be eaten by a 3 headed Peruvian Medusa catfish, or maybe a 1500 pound  Kodiak Grizzly bear will escape the zoo, and after a bloody fight where I break his hind leg he manages to eat me anyway, or maybe I'll be attacked by a bus and even though I break the windshield and knock out the driver I get run over anyway.
It all falls in line with a dream I had a few years back, I'm the lead horse in the Kentucky Derby,
in the stretch the announcers about to hail me the winner when I break my right front leg, I loose the race, the vet appears to put me out of my misery ,its futile, he removes a shiny  revolver from his black  medicine bag places the barrel end between my eyes and pulls the trigger, all I hear is click, then click , then click again, then click again, then click again, then click again, he returns the weapon to his bag and walks off, I lay there waiting to be reincarnated into a butterfly, or a pig, or a baboon, or hopefully a chubacraba that attacks bicyclist.
Live out the box, , you have time left. FEAR NOT.   Its all catch 22.
gary
2 videos, click on the pics to enlarge, some are repeats.
Listen to the Simply Red song watch the video. click on Simply Red at the end.
What do you feel. Where  did life go?



Wonder if this one will sink.

The River is lowest I've ever seen.

Quarter musicians looking for a spot
Fortune Tellers parked in front of St Louis Cathedral.
Reminds me of Cougat
preparing for Mardi Gras.
How'd that boat get up there.
Cars  parked on Napoleon for the Parade on St Charles
more cars on Napoleon
St Charles and Calliope under I10
This is what a flat tire looks like,I hung a while.



No comments: