Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2011

spillway/river

Rode to the Spillway Saturday, took some pics,  nice ride, starting to get hot, river and fears receding.  45 miles Saturday, 35 Friday night,  quarter was busy, tourist in town for Memorial Day.  I never thought of Memorial Day as a Celebration, I thought we mourned soldiers lost in service to our country.  Hey , what do I know. .    May put in 15 this afternoon,  that 'll give me a
125 for the week, good start.    I have to get back to  the "Leave it to Beaver  marathon. So far I've seen 3 different neighbors named Mr Anderson.  Funny my mother never wore heals , pearls and a party dress to fix supper .  They had a house, a garage, a lawn, and ate in a room other than the kitchen, fancy smancy. .   later....

Corps of Engineers Information Station.




River in Harahan

River meets spillway

spillway side

spillway levee


middle of gates , huge flow

spillway toward airline


Road that crosses the spillway.


open gate next to a closed gate.


closed gate




Harahan

gates opened,

Harahan


Harahan

No comments: