Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Veternas Day 2012

Ernest Hemingway fought in WWI ,earned several prestigious decorations, in WWII he was a correspondent and again was decorated for valor and bravery, what a man , what a veteran,
most of his books cover the era between WWI and WWII an intriguing international  political world as Hitler marched east and west of Germany.  Jimmy Steward, Lee Marvin, Audie Murphy, Clark Gable, Captain Kangaroo, Ernest Borgnine, Joe DiMaggio, Tony Bennett, Charles Durning, Ted Williams,  later there was Jimi Hendrix, Country Joe,  Jim Croce, John McCain, Oliver Stone,
Elvis, know who else is a Veteran, my friend Bob Templet a retired store manager from Winn Dixie,, he was a 19 year old radio man on Ford Island in Pearl Harbor, my friend Joe Hunt was a Merchant Marine till he was old enough to join the navy, my friend Charles Holdeman fought as  marine
at Guadalcanal, my friend Bill Friedman was in Vietnam and his son was in the middle east, my friends George Malony and George Jurak were in the Military Police Corps with me , my friend Donald Bonck is a Marine Veteran, my Friend Perry Custer is retired for the air force, my friend Gary Held retired front the Navy, my friend Raymond Galland was in Vietnam, my friend Bob Campbell the parts man was in the navy, .my friend Larry Jones retired for the Coast Guard,  My uncle James Ducote and his son  both Veterans, my friend Rose McDuffe's husband an Vietnam Veteran,
Willie Meyer, Richard Rienhardt, Louis Jung, Jack Jones, Jeannie Rushing's Brother (Glenn) several tours in Nam, Louis Heorner disabled from his service, Augie Bondio and I went in together,  these are Veterans mostly from my facebook friends,. My policy is when I see a young soldier or a Veteran I thank them for their service whether last week or 50 years ago.  It feels good to have someone positively acknowledge the fact that when you donned the green skin you were expendable and if you lived thorough your service no matter where or what, your glad to be home alive.
Thank a Vet tomorrow
 
Ceremony on the River, 3 cannons.

Not the 105 Howizer we used to raise the flag.
 

Yea I was there..

Reload time
 
Yea I'm posing..
 

they kept me from getting too close.
I have a film of then actual firing, too big to put on here, have to cut it down.




gary
 
 

No comments: