Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 02, 2014

MS Tour 2014




2014 MS Tour, Hammond to McComb & Return, 150 Miles

Raised Over $1000.00 for MS research and support .

 







2014 MS Tour..Hammond to McComb, return next day.  Raise money for MS research, $1000.00 was my goal, have a good time, support MS victims, meet some at the finish line, ride bicycle 150 miles..
Great weather, great staff,  organized , prepared ,plenty food, hydration, beautiful countryside,
1100 riders all with same idea, 30 plus volunteer motorcyclist for support, 10 plus State and local police Motorcyclist for traffic control and support, SAG vehicles, ambulance, what could go wrong, nothing, nothing did. It was perfect...Saturday the annoyance of a discourteous north wind brought my thighs to the task they trained for, its important to bring yourself as prepared as the MS Staff, so we climb hill after hill into the wind, no whining or whimpering just go , go, go, I owe my contributors thanks, the gratitude of MS victims and to do my best in the ride they've agreed to support me in ..The orange kerchief around my neck is a MS kerchief with the names of some MS Victims, I have 5 or 6 and  alternate them. At Saturdays end in Percy Quinn I met MS Victim Judy, my age, very nice lady , she took the picture of me at the Saturday finish line, she uses a walker , MS is making it difficult for her to get around. . I did well Saturday , better Sunday, the wind died, I didn't, 6 hours and 15 minutes actual riding time. If you know me well , you know I 'm not into time, dates mean nothing, don't know how many times I've rode this Tour, 6 or 7 or 8 , don't matter, this one seemed special, had more support and encouragement than ever before, raised more donations than ever before, was better prepared than ever before, had more fun than ever before. Thanks to my family , friends,  supporters,cycling mentor Frank, cycle techs Jonathan and Eric,  and my TREK, we've done 40,324 miles together  with no end in sight.    The highlight of the entire affair was my 4 grandchildren waiting at the finish line to cheer me in with signs they made, it was my dream come true, I hope someday they will understand how it brings to fruition the cycle of life, successes my stages of life, and assures me that in that aspect I am  truly blessed and have left blessings to the world.
Gary Gauthier

......
.
.
.more zany blogs to come,
this just wasn't one of them..



Waiting to Start in Hammond


1100 Riders



First few miles



Happy Face

Morning Sun.


I don't know ?


Narrow Dark road

Striped Mule

Striped Mule


Bathroom Break.
rest stop

Downhill racer.



Eric my bicycle tech at East Bank Cyclery
plenty Parking

Lunch
Lunch






higher than it looks


Saturday Finish line at Percy Quinn Park.

Saturday Finish

Sunday Morning

Sunday morning

Riding out the Park

back on the Highway

Volunteer Motorcyclist.


Nosebleed Hill


Erosion

My Legion Friend and Volunteer Motorcyclist for many years Brian.

Don't know his name, talk to him every year ,  this is the first year I got in before him , he's a great rider .

My Finish line cheerleaders, Maggie, Katelyn, Alexander and Madison.



No comments: