Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 15, 2006

What a ride...

Saturday/Sunday
Had a great ride today,
in spite of blue roofs, piles of sheetrock, FEMA Trailers, I worked my way to 25 miles this weekend and it''s not much but it's a start back.
For the first time in a long while the air smelled fresh and clean, the road was clear and
the course was level.. My MP3 player was blasting Foghat and endorfins were releasing
like balloons at a political rally. Felt great. Legs were good, weather was cool and sunny,
and 15 miles an hour was in my pocket. . Katrina who?
10 things I do while Biking to embellish my ride.
1. PRETEND I'M FLYING A JET FIGHTER
2. RUBBERNECK AND LOOK AT EVERYTHING AROUND ME
3. LOOK FOR LOOSE CHANGE IN THE STREET
4. SING OUT LOUD WITH THE MP3 PLAYER TILL PEOPLE STARE AT ME
5. STAND UP ON THE PEDALS WITH MY ARMS OUTSTRETCHED AND YAWN
6. WHEN GOING THROUGH TRAFFIC I KEEP LOOKING BEHIND ME LIKE SOMEONE'S
CHASING ME.
7. IF A CAR PASSES ME WHILE I'M DRINKING I TURN MY BOTTLE TOWARD THE
SIDE OF MY MOUTH AND SPRAY THEIR WINDSHIELD
8. STOP AT THE CONVENIENCE STORE AND ASK DIRECTIONS TO MONTANA.
9. COUNT THE NUTRIA ROAD KILL ALONG THE CANALS
10. DON'T ROLL THROUGH WATER IN THE STREET, YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE IT CAME FROM.
later,
gary

No comments: