Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Time marches on ..

Saturday, great weather, great ride, circled the entire city , 50 miles..
From the house to Williams Blvd and the River, rode the river levee to Audubon Park , 2 laps then Magazine to Canal St. 3 laps around the quarter then Esplanade to City Park , Wisner Blvd to Lakeshore Dr., Lakeshore Dr. to Bike path along the lake to Power Blvd to David Dr back home. 50 Miles , 2/3 of the 75 I need to prepare for .
Sunday, bad bad weather, the remnants of Fay plagued me. Extremely high winds, rain,
a flat tire, what more could I ask for. The rain belted me, water splashed up from everywhere,
cars passed and splashed me, my poncho gave some protection but it was still wet.
6 miles an hour against the wind and 18 with the wind.
Managed to suffer through 30 miles , called it a day....
Next weekend we hope for better weather.
later
gary

No comments: