Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Paris Champs-Elysees

Bourbon St. Saturday Evening,

St. David Catholic Church

St David Catholic Church

Me standing on the Champs-Elysees - aka Paris Road.  

Welcome to St Bernard !

Bourbon St Saturday Night

Beautiful Park , Where?

World Famous Rocky and Carlo's - it's Macoroni and Cheese.

tried to take a picture of me in fornt of Rocky and Carlo's but it seems my aura was not congruent with the area and stray gamma rays distorted the picture,  A case of counter reticulating turbo encabulators.

this thunderstorm thought is was gonna catch me, I called it and found shelter from teh storm
Damm Big Foots everywhere I go .
The bridge of terror sigh.
30,652 miles on this bike...


Last Saturday quashed by storms.   Sunday I lit out early, normal route, to Williams , the River levee, Audubon park, French Quarter, came down to St Claude to head west when I was pulled by a force greater than my free will,  beckoning , urging, pulling, guiding , drawing me to the east. At first I thought it was a Mecca go east thing,  a magic carpet would swoop down , take me off  to the dessert sands for noon prayers ,  no it wasn't a giant magnet pulling the metal plate in my head , I don't have one yet or they haven't told me about it , it was a Chalmation force , more powerful than a Jedi mind trick, more powerful than a Vulcan neck pinch, my destiny was set.  I followed St Claude to the Bridge of Terror Sigh, crossed the metal grate and through a miracle of God didn't slip or fall.  The other side of the Bridge of Terror Sigh erupted with warnings , don't walk here,  entering St Bernard, entering  Arabia, entering Chalmette, I proceeded without fear, I once worked in Chalmette, had papers allowing me entrance.  The roll down St Bernard highway was nice, smooth and straight, a lot of changes since I was there last. I stopped at Rocky and Carlos Colorful restaurant for a picture of it and me in front of it.   I didn't realize there's a force field that distorts pictures of strangers in front of the restaurant,  when I removed me, the picture was fine.   Damn Big Foots are running around everywhere. The clear shot of me is the Paris Rd Champs-Elysees, I felt so french, so Tour De Chalmette.  I feared going further, I heard the world ends at Yscloskey  and you fall off the earth. (its flat you know) , I reversed path to face a thunderstorm, found shelter, waited it out,  got back to St Claude sighed relief after crossing the Bridge of Terror Sigh. The afternoon heat beat me like a nylon belt,  drank all 4 bottles of Gatorade, ate all my Jelly beans, and pumped and peddled to Metairie on guts. 60 miles total,  little over 5 hours, bike racked up lifetime of 30,652 miles, makes my ass hurt thinking about it. Great trip , great adventure , will do it again , maybe take Claiborne next time to Judge Perez.. Right....


No comments: