Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Time ticks away to MS Tour. .

click on the pics to enlarge


Bourbon early in the morning...Wet

Bourbon early in the morning, Wet.
 

Jackson Square from Washington armory
 

The Museum
Cathedral

Gateway to Chalmette, Claiborne aka Robertson
The New Lighthouse on Lakefront

Mexican Flag on a crane in a barge along the river.

Bike path along Carrollton Ave, Uptown .
Grossmans Pharmacy
Bigger  Pic of the crane.

It was 90 degrees..

After last Saturdays epic 70 mile ride up river, and not being able to ride Sunday due to  me being a lightening rod,  I put the Bike in the shop for it semi annual tune up and pre MS tour check up .  My Bike tech Jonathan fixed me up ,  new head set, tires, tubes, brakes, chain, cassette, 1 cable, adjusted gears levers, trued wheels.   I'm ready,  did a good 50 yesterday and again today.  Thursday I may get to challenge some 100 mile an hour winds, that should put my thighs in tight shape. Although it was 90 degrees last 2 days as long as I kept moving I felt good, rode the levee to Audubon, St Charles or Carrolton to the quarter, Saturday I rode Franklin to the Lake and Sunday Elysian Fields.  Early in the morning they wash off Bourbon Street, the trucks come, then business owners pull out their hoses,  like their restoring dignity and class to what isn't .  I think they feel the need to wash away the beer, whiskey, vomit, cigarette butts, lies, promises, illegal transactions, and hooker negotiations from the night before.  Like  cleansing their souls when the street is rid of the previous nights debauchery.  The doors are open , pumping out cold air conditioned air carrying , cigarette and cigar smoke, cheap perfume , cheaper cologne, more lies and promises, tall and short stories. You ask me ? How do you tell a hooker, easy,  25 to 30 years old, very attractive,tattoo on the side of her right calf of a black cougar, shiny bracelets on her wrist carrying a small small small wallet. She's holding hands with a man that looks like a young Poncho Villa, brand new never worn blue jeans,  brand new never worn white t shirt,  some new construction boots, a wallet with a Foy Foy chain and a big smile on his face.

 For reason's I don't know there's a crane on the river flying a flag from a country south of here, I don't think the crane is from there.  Should be an American Flag there instead.. 

Carrollton Ave uptown great ride, shady, cool, nice wide bike path, doesn't stop anyone from trying to kill you.  A pickup truck passed me so close today his fender brushed the hairs on my leg.  I sent him some Italian sign language.

Have a picture of Grossmans Pharmacy, now closed, every Thursday, comic books came out , 12 cents,  Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, John Jones,  Atom, loved them all, they were in color, my TV wasn't .  Corner of Banks and Dorgenois.

Crossed Claiborne at Elysian Fields, thought about a return trip to Chalmette , looked at the bridge and the traffic , decided I'd be real stupid to try that. I'll be stupid anytime. but not real stupid.

Its was St Charles Ave, felt something on my right arm, look down to see  a striped mosquito about to stick his blood sucking needle in one of my pores,  I looked him in the eye and asked "Do you have West Nile Virus?", he looks at me an with a squeaky mosquito voice says "I invoke the (don't ask don't tell rule)", I calmy reply , "I invoke the "Gary don't like rules rule", I swung my left hand over and flattened him like a sheet of tissue paper and with prejudice flicked him off my arm to the gutter to rot with the other vermin.  I caught the East Nile Virus once, for 2 weeks I wore a turban, ate goat, didn't bathe, wore JC sandals, and threatened to send plagues of frogs on anyone that pissed me off . I was cured Dr Abdul Mohamed  Haman Jones.  He rubbed camel saliva on my chest for 3 days and I was cured.

This Hurricane will not disrupt my cycling.  I own a poncho.....
later
gary















 

No comments: