Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 15, 2005

I wonder

I wonder what it must have been like to have been Tennessee Williams , to wake up and have breakfast on a Bourbon St Balcony, as you eat to taste the sounds, the sights , the smells,
the sun bringing to life the quarter, it fills up your senses and activates inspiration.
He probably sat at a small wooden desk near a window so he could stay in touch with the heating cement, the green post holding the balconies, the black lamp post, their the guardians of the pavement that carries the life of activity that ebbs and wanes as the day progresses.
I close my eyes now and can see Stan Kowoski tearing at his wife beater undershirt and screaming "Stella" with passionate perspiration dripping down his strained face.
I think the lack of air conditioning gave life to life, air conditioning has robbed us
of the confrontations of living passionately. I remember going on dates and wearing my wife beater undershirt until the last minute before putting on my shirt as to minimize the sweat factor. Sometimes I almost looked fresh when knocking on my dates door. 2 hankerchiefs
one for the nose and one for the sweat. Blanche Dubois would have been too comfortable in air conditioning, her character would wither without the passion of dealing with the heat and humidity. I think life should be one passion after another yet that attitude leads to one anxiety after another. So how do you balance the two, I don't know yet..
later
gary

No comments: