Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Took the tour






Couldn stand it anymore, rode down to the quarter today, toured midcity.
Stopped by the house I grew up in and the one Marie grew up in , there would have been no wading, it would have been a swim for your life. I saw water lines in midcity that were 8 ft off the ground. The quarter looked clean, unscaved, smelled like the quarter, and had a few tourist around, I didn't see any visible damage to any landmarrks and the riverfront looked great.
I even saw some buggies working. Wow! those mules can swim. First picture is Sacred Heart CHurch.
Looks like thier still needing to hook up utilities in a lot of places but the smell was better than I found in Lakeview last week. I think there always be a watermark from the flood of 2005.
The old light house at the lakefront is leaning on one leg. Canal Street looks pretty normal,not good ,just normal .
It's gonna be alright.
later
gary

No comments: