Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Beautiful day











































































What a beautiful day, not too hot, sunshine , clear and dry. Did a hard fast 12 last night ,
even worked Frank to a sweat. Parked at the Lakefront and took beautiful Canal Blvd and Canal Street to the Quarter. Good legs , plenty hydration , felt great. Rode around the quarter,
up and down Bourbon, Royal, and Decateur. Followed the street cleaners down Bourbon,
smelled the pork sausage frying at the restaurant's , they fry other things, but all you can smell is that pork sausage and sometimes bacon. I stopped to take a few pictures, Madison street was lonely, see if you can see the fish on the wall on the second floor, the River was very low and
a shot of me on Bourbon , it's empty early in the morning, but there's still plenty to see.
Late night drinkers, early morning tourist, club musicians going home, and street musicians
going to work. It was then I felt that throbbing in my left upper jaw, the blood pumping set off either a growing abscess or I have a cavity. That ruled the rest of the day. It progressively got worst but I continued on. I left the quarter and took beautiful Esplanade Ave toward the Lake,
If your not familiar with Esplanade Ave it's lined with oak trees and mansions.
Beautiful boulevard, shady and cool. I reached Bayou St John and took the daring ride on the cement ledge along the bank, it's about 15 inches wide, I can't help taking a chance , but no I didn't fall in today. I had moments of inspiration but my toothache didn't allow sustained good feelings. On the way to the Lake I stopped in City Park , I noticed all the out of state cars parked at Tad Gormey Stadium, it was the AAU Junior Olympics, big crowd plenty young athletes walking around . Stopped around the Lagoon to talk to the swans and found a oak tree that's almost as old as my American Legion buddies. . It was a tremendous tree with medusa hair looking trunks. Rested a few minutes and continued on , tooth hurting more and more.
Reached the Lakefront at 20 miles , called the Dentist on my cell phone, can't fit me in today,
did prescribe me some antibiotics, sound like an abscess growing. The wind was blowing briskly and the lakefront , not a lot of other riders, put 10 more miles and called it a day.
40 was my goal, did 30 with a toothache , still happy just not inspirational today.
The one thing great about life is tomorrow it starts all over. .
later
gary
ps: its 8:00 pm , tooth is feeling better...

No comments: