Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 20, 2005

What a hot one.
























Had a great ride today, 45 miles in 92 degree heat. Slept late, didn't start out till about 8:30
rode to the quarter and didn't want to leave, the streets were shady and cool, still rich with the air conditioning that poured out the night before, I was there till about 10:00, there were a lot of people out and about by then. I spent some time stopping to take photographs, listened to some music and posed for a few tourist pictures, It was so hot I spent some time diving off bridges into the water to cool off. The silver bridge over Bayou St John, The Lakefront bridge over Bayou St John and the Greater New Orleans over the Mississippi, very cooling . I also spent some time looking for Rus and Tone'. They were supposed to be in the quarter this morning so I checked there usual spots, never did find them. Stopped at Ursuline Convent and asked a Nun
if they'd been there, she laughed so hard she dropped her habit, smoking and gambling. Ha,ha,.
Stopped to watch someone paragliding at the beach. Looked exciting, think I may need to try it sometime. It's was too hot to get too philosophical, just pushed through the ride. Enjoyed the sights, enclosed a picture of a real Streetcar. . Exhausted, time to recover and eat everything in sight.
I love this sport,
later
gary

No comments: