Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hurricane interruption







Well I was ready for a great ride but mother nature intervened.
I rode the river to Audubon Park, from there I toured Uptown on the way to the quarter.
Took a few pictures. One is a pic of Erato St. it's a brick or cobblestone street that still
has streetcar tracks from years past. Another is the Greater St. Stephens Catholic Church,
where else can you find a German Gothic architecture Roman Catholic Church in a French Spanish City, and naturally across the street from the church is a large bar room.
I've enclosed a self portrait, The picture of the house on the corner was once the office of Dr Mattingly. Dr Mattingly was our family Dr. but back then his office was as grandiose as it is now.
impressive.
Then I heard it on the Radio, Hurricane central , hurricane ,what ever her name is, is heading for us. OH OH, I headed home with great speed, wound up with 40 miles anyway. Marie went to fill up with gas I went to the grocery, boarded up the windows, picked up the yard, covered the turbines on the roof. See house picture of hurricane preparedness. What a pain in the ass.
Packed up our clothes, Stacy has rooms in Beaumont. She's 9 months pregnant,
I'm against the trip but my vote isn't counted. I'm packed but not sure where I'm going, but was told I'm getting out of here. Will ask Uncle Elster and Aunt Essel if we can stay with them in Baton Rouge, or if the storm moves to the east a little may try to stay at Stacy's. It would be a good time to visit Jimmy, Peggy, Erin and Allison in New Jersey If your interested in hurricane conditions call me on my cell 504-388-7534, I'll be reporting... and taking pictures. .
later
gary

No comments: