Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunday Morning
















Drove to the Lakefront again to ride, didn't want to get too far from vehicle in case tooth acted up. Decided to go across lakefront west end to east end and back, 10 miles per trip.
If you've ever gone to Pontchatrain Beach Amusement Park to swim in the pool, or wade in the lake, or ride the rides or see your favorite act or just hang out, well it hasn't moved.
The Park is gone but the lighthouse at the entrance is still there, the beach is still there and
accessible and usable and on the beach picture I've posted you can see the Wild Mouse base house in the far left. I had to stop and get some sand on my feet. Its was breezy , I was struggling against the wind but no mind, I stayed focused, listened to breakfast with the Beatles.
Climbed the Bayou St. John Bridge twice. When I hit 20 miles my tooth started to throb.
I pushed 3 or 4 miles real hard then called it a day. did 25 miles.Next week I'll have to work harder and longer. At least I didn't break a spoke. Got to get to the dentist.
later
gary

No comments: