Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Hot Saturday










Great Day, Slept late, started riding at about 8:30. Started at the lakefront, rode down Canal to the quarter the followed Bayou St. John to the Lakefront. Great weather , no toothache, no flats,
no broken spokes or bones, nothing but me , nature and hot weather. I took it slow,
watched my hydration. I was able to sneak in 45 miles. Passed through my old neighborhood,
hadn't in a while, passed by the Dixie Brewery, as kid I could lay in bed at night, windows open with the big window fan sucking in the outside air that smelled of that sweet corn cooking at the brewery. Passed by Fretags Bakery, no longer Fretags bakery ( best Eclairs on the planet)but the building is still there.
Got a picture of a real neutral ground, Galvez St neutral ground with a walk down the middle and grass on the side for playing football, flying kites and for hiding when your throwing water balloons into the open windows of the busses that come by. Found my next bike purchase, picture enclosed, went down Palmyra St. It's not too different, the house I grew up in is still there, I thinks it's in the National Historic Building Registry as the house Gary Gauthier grew up in, yeah, right. . Stopped to photo the new streetcars on Canal Street, I'm not happy with them , they have air conditioning, they are red and don't make those screeching noise that streetcars make. The originals are still on St Charles Ave. I hope they keep the old green ones going.
Last week I put up Bourbon St. in the morning , this week it's neighbor, Royal St.
some asked for a more closeup of me, so I enclosed a closeup of me. . (self portrait)
The food was smelling great, bacon, coffee, bienets, cafe o' lait, and leftover beer scuzz from the night before. mixed all together it smells like cotton candy.
Its been a great day, I hope for a great tomorrow, or even a tomorrow will be fine.
Never forget what that great philosopher "Dorothy " said. Toto, I don't think were
in Kansas anymore. No shit Dorothy, wake up , she had to have been from Chalmette or Weggaman prior to movng to Kansas.

later
gary

No comments: